cannot view a webcam - black screen?

theDarkness 01:05 09 Jun 2010

its not mine, its some pub with a band usually playing in florida- on my xp machine it automatically runs in windows media player and it works fine, but in vista (on both firefox and IE) its a black screen, with only the sound. I have the k-lite codec pack installed, so Im not sure what else might be required for wmp to show the video.. any ideas?

birdface 07:42 09 Jun 2010

Spammers are back ignore drunkpeople click here.
Just keep changing names but they will get fed up with it eventually.

onthelimit 09:04 09 Jun 2010

If OK on XP and not on Vista, sounds like a driver problem.

birdface 10:48 09 Jun 2010

Probably need your flash program updated.
Or make sure it is enabled in add-ons if you have it installed.

theDarkness 14:14 09 Jun 2010

thanks-flash was enabled though, and this was on the vista system, sound ok but nothing for video-very odd! could be a vista only problem? strangely enough, this is the only webcam ive never been able to view. as for "drunkpeople".. i thought this was a reference to myself so late at night, lol ;)

Woolwell 15:50 09 Jun 2010

can you give a link for the webcam please? I have Vista and can check on my system.

theDarkness 19:58 14 Jun 2010

the link was click here

quite popular with the tourists and fans of the local bands, since most webcams are of terrible stream quality, i was surprised with this one. as a test ive now reinstalled vista for the third time (no codec packs), and third time around the camera is working-the ONLY webcam stream on the net that i couldnt get to work on vista is now ok. so far! lol. i think it used windows media 9 video and audio.

Woolwell 20:26 14 Jun 2010

All 3 webcams worked in Firefox and Vista.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

These beautiful, mesmerising & subtle GIFs celebrate 30 years of the artform

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017