cannot uninstall game

zipp13 20:18 18 Jan 2007

Hi, I've been trying to uninstall Simpson's Hit and Run with no success. I've visited this forum, took advice on ccleaner, and add/remove 4 good, downloaded and run both tools - No Joy. Exact error message when running provided un-installer and add/remove programs is
>SetupDLL\setupDLL.cp(439)
the rest of the dialogue box is game name, vendor name, serial number

Iam running XP Pro with SPpack2 and IE7/Firefox.
I clicked on ok, next dialogue box says
setup has experienced an error
Close any running programs,Empty temp folder, Check internet connection, then run uninstaller again, still nothing.
Am I right in assuming that the first line of the error message is suggesting that dll files have been corrupted (from the uninstaller?) and what to do, I'm stumped
Thanks, Lee :(

lisa02 20:19 18 Jan 2007

Install it again...

...then remove it.

johnnyrocker 23:44 18 Jan 2007

or try in safe mode.

johnny.

wolfie3000 04:23 19 Jan 2007

I had a similar problem with Warrock,
The safe mode option worked for me so i would suggest that,

Good luck.

zipp13 21:48 26 Jan 2007

hi, I've tried both a re-install/un-install and a
un-install in safe mode, neither have worked. After re-installing the game, at the end of the task, installshield wizard would not shut down, and I had to use windows task manager to close it down. Windows generated an error report, so is the problem something to do with the game uninstall feature not installing properly?
Mightly puzzled now:(
Lee

Kingfisher 10:18 27 Jan 2007

create a restore point first, then enter regedit and select find and enter name of game and delete any references you find, press f3 to find next instance in case there is more than 1 entry in registry, be wary of messing in registry you could cause your pc real problems if you delete the wrong thing,
to enter regedit click on Start thrn point to run, then type regedit in the box and hit enter.
post back if this doesn't work.
good luck

skidzy 12:12 27 Jan 2007

Maybe a different uninstaller,click here

zipp13 00:44 28 Jan 2007

Hi everyone, thanks for all your input, I've tried 4 different uninstallers with no luck, so I took a gamble with editing the registry. I rememeber reading once it's best to backup the reg by exporting to desktop, I done that and created a restore point just to be safe. No more traces of offending program, hurrah :D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?