Cannot system restore, drive corrupted

lothlann 15:01 14 Apr 2010

Right I was trying to patch my theme files so I can install 3rd party themes. I used this program as I couldnt find the appropriate files for my build.

click here

It says it patched then to restart. I do that and then get caught in a loop. I get through the loop after a few restarts and log in. However during the startup I get the blue screen and it restarts. System runs fine in safe mode.

I am assuming it is those .dll files. I tried using the software in safemode to restore the files and it says I am now using the original files.

Is there any chance that the system just thinks its still corrupted but the files are actually ok again?

Im trying to disable some startup programs to try and find if one is causing an issue.

Thanks

lothlann 15:02 14 Apr 2010

Sorry, running 64 bit Windows 7 too.

birdface 15:20 14 Apr 2010

Does system restore not work in safe mode.

lothlann 15:31 14 Apr 2010

Nope, it says I have to do a disk check because C has a corrupted file system. I restart and do the check but it says another error and wont check.

lothlann 15:41 14 Apr 2010

Tried patching the files again and it seemed like everything was good. I opened task manager to see if the system was still loading anything then as it brought up the window it crashed.

Im not sure if it is crashing when it tries to load the themes then. It had seemed to already have loaded everything.

And the error stopping the disk check is due to a recently installed software package. I have no idea what that could be, unless it is Rainmeter, which I have disabled from starting up.

birdface 17:04 14 Apr 2010

Windows 7 you could run sfc /scannow and see if that helps.You don't need the windows7 disc to run it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?