Cannot stop USK being loaded at start up

Connaught 09:57 04 Jan 2010

Ages ago I must have c licked something when using the Windows Onscreen keyboard that put it into my start up list and since then I have been unable to remove it. It takes ages to come on screen and slows everything up. I have tried to find it through start up managers and anywhere else it ought to be listed but without success. I dont want to delete it from the system as it can be useful.

Can anyone please tell me how I can find the start up entry so that I can amend it.

I operate Vista home edition.

Many thanks

BurrWalnut 13:43 04 Jan 2010

Either look for it via msconfig or for a nice graphical display, download the free Quick Startup, get it click here

To disable (recommended action) an entry, remove the tick alongside its name. To delete an entry, highlight it and click Delete in the left pane. If you are unsure about an entry and want to know more about it, highlight it and then click ‘More information’ at the bottom of the screen.

Technotiger 14:02 04 Jan 2010

Have you tried going to Start>All Programs>Accessories>Accessibility and click on OSK, you may be able to disable it from there.

T0SH 14:24 04 Jan 2010

You will most likely find a shortcut has been created to OSK in the startup folder

Click Start>All Programs>Startup if osk is in there right click choose delete

Cheers HC

Les28 16:51 04 Jan 2010

flash video tutorial on how to turn on and off here

click here

Connaught 11:41 06 Jan 2010

Truly grateful to you all. I cannot for the life of me understand hy for simplicities sake windows do not list a start up in the start up. Its typical of MS to keep logic at bay. Thanks to you all I have found it in the Ease of Access menu and am now free of it.
As a matter of interest, the only thing listed in Startup in the Program list is:- ExifLauncher2 whatever that is. Quite crackers.

Grateful thanks and a happy New Year to everyone.

BurrWalnut 12:53 06 Jan 2010

ExifLauncher runs when you plug in a Fuji, and perhaps other, cameras.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?