Cannot start in safe mode

Blackhat 23:26 28 Jan 2007

Trying to fix mates PC, infected with Peacomm trojan. Problem is I cannot get into safe mode during startup, yes I am pressing F8 like mad, tried F5, alt F2 etc. when startup compleate his PC locks into a permanent restart cycle?

See my previous thread,
click here

baldtaco, tried to download UBCD4win from various sites all giving me very long download times, after 2h30m got failed download message, does it realy take that long?

I think I need to boot up from a disc rather than HD but where can I download something from to burn to disc and use it in freinds PC?

He has XP Pro, I am XP Home.

Totally-braindead 23:49 28 Jan 2007

You need a copy of XP Pro and I presume he doesn't have the disk so I'm at a loss as to suggest anything. Perhaps ask about his mates to see he can borrow their XP Pro to do a repair, thats all I can think of if you can't get into safe mode.

johndrew 11:19 29 Jan 2007

Does he have any backup (Acronis or similar)? If so boot from the emergency disk and install the backup.

Failing that, if he has enabled `Restore` you could try to go back to an earlier time where, maybe, the trojan isn`t.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?