Cannot start my PC

EMM61 20:27 22 Dec 2004

Imagine switching on the computer without a graphic card: - it gives continuous beeping. The problem is, that even with a graphic card installed it still seems as if there is none since the computer still beeps continuously. A new graphic card was tried but the problem still persisted. Do you think it’s the motherboard?

Technotiger 21:04 22 Dec 2004

Hi, continuos beeping usually means either - No Power, or Loose Card, or a Short somewhere.

Sorry I can't be more helpfull.

Technotiger 21:13 22 Dec 2004

Hi again - it might help others in this Forum if you give a bit more detail - ME/XP or ? - AGP slot or PCI ? Make of Graphics Card ? Cheers.

Technotiger 21:14 22 Dec 2004

ooops - mobo details too, important.

EMM61 21:25 22 Dec 2004

How can I start Windows 98SE from a startup disk? ((A:) floppy disk)

Technotiger 21:30 22 Dec 2004

Hello again, switch off pc - put floppy into drive - switch on pc - follow on-screen instructions.

VoG II 21:52 22 Dec 2004

Click the Contact Moderator button and ask him to delete your previous post.

Technotiger 21:54 22 Dec 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for your answer but if I have to start my system from the command prompt, what is the phrase I have to type?(From A:)

Don't type anything, just put floppy fully in and then switch on pc.

Self-sorted my previous boob!!

Technotiger 22:01 22 Dec 2004

Hi again, I am surprised you have not yet come to the 'Rescue' here. I am a great admirer of yours..:-) of your *Knowledge* of course.

woodchip 22:13 22 Dec 2004

If you can start with a Win98 floppy disc at A:\ type this

A:\>SCANREG /RESTORE press enter and choose a old date to put back, use the arrow keys and enter key

woodchip 22:23 22 Dec 2004

So what did it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?