Cannot send emails --- Windows 7

Redlegs 14:00 27 Nov 2010

Hi there , following an automatic upgrade to W7 about two weeks ago , which resulted in substantial changes to the appearance of the major task bar and headings, I am no longer able to send emails -- they are just accumulating in the " Outbox " and an error message quoting " an unknown error has occurred" with the Windows Live Mail error ID No. Ox80070057 also given. I am still receiving inwards emails with no apparent problem. From the number of similar requests for help that are being " thrown up " when I Googled initially ,and all quoting the same error ID no. -- Ox80070057. there must be a" big problem" with W7 , and no one has yet to offer a reason or an answer.
Appreciate any ideas , Redlegs , Adelaide Sth Aust

VoG II 14:11 27 Nov 2010

There may be a message stuck in your outbox click here

rdave13 14:11 27 Nov 2010

Have you tried a repair. Go to programs and features, select Window Live Essentials and selecting repair.

mgmcc 14:11 27 Nov 2010

Make sure that you have the outgoing SMTP server settings correctly entered in Windows Live Mail and, if necessary, SMTP Authentication configured.

I use Windows Live Mail in a Netbook and a Desktop PC, both running Windows 7, and haven't experienced an issue with sending mail.

Redlegs 15:01 27 Nov 2010

Redlegs here -- many thanks VoG. Pulled all banked up emails out of Outbox , tapped out a small new email and off it went without a hitch. Yes , Outbox was blocked by an email --- I suspect , one containing photos, and the format for that process was substantially changed during that auto upgrade to W7 two weeks ago. So now I will have to get " full bottle " on the new way to send photo emails !! Thanks again , Redlegs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?