Cannot see other computer on Home Network

Marskeman 18:08 26 Apr 2009

My home network all worked a couple of weeks ago. Do not know whats changed. Both laptop and computer are running Vista. All the settings are ticked, network discovery, file sharing, workgroup same, private network. I do not know whats stopping them from seeing each other. I am also using a static ip address because thats the only way of connecting to the internet. My LinkSys will not allocate ip addresses, both computers always use to say limited connectivity. I had to reboot router for them to connect to the internet. But both connect to internet now which is good but for some reason I'm not seeing my home network.
Can anyone please help me here, my life is wasting away trying to sort this out.

Thanks

Marskeman

Petesilver 20:12 26 Apr 2009

Had the same problem but my OS is Windows XP but it was sorted out thru this forum....look at my postings under the title of
HOME NETWORK PROBLEM and see what you think
pete

MAJ 22:35 26 Apr 2009

"my life is wasting away trying to sort this out"

That's one hell of an incentive to try a new router, see if it helps the situation.

Marskeman 10:09 27 Apr 2009

All sorted. Because I ran out of buttons just started all over again. Turned off encryption on router and on both computers and connected. Hay presto could see everything. Then put the same encryption in and still could see everything. I wonder if it was to do with changing my ip address it somehow seperated the computers even though they had same encryption same workgroup.
Really wiered, I did buy a PC.

Cheers

Marskeman

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?