Cannot see icons

KAI 15:47 18 Oct 2006

Hi to all, I have been unable to view my file of icons i keep on my second hard drive, every other icon, ie on the desktop and everywhere else works fine.
they all appear as default microsoft icons, unless i view in Thumbnail I cannot tell which is which, Thumbnail view alows me to see them but not at there correct size, I've had a go at following the microsoft reg edit solution but either i havent done it correctly or the solution does not work.
Has anybody had this problem before and could could they explain in english just how to rectify, I've also done the delete dll file so when i reboot they rebuild the cache but it didnt work either.

regards
kai

hijo 17:48 18 Oct 2006

is this basics iam missing here...??

KAI 19:31 18 Oct 2006

Hi, Dont know what you mean, I cannot see the icons as they should be, as a selction of different types, they all show as a default icon,the only way I can view them as is , is to view in Thumbnail view which I should not have to do.I just thought why not put it right i.e. they all look the same but only the ones i keep as a seperate cache in a special file i have so I know exactly where they are.

regards
Kai

VoG II 20:02 18 Oct 2006

Try the fix for .ico files click here

KAI 20:50 18 Oct 2006

Hi thanks Vog, it put it right straight away brilliant, its been bugging me for ages.

thanks once again

kai

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?