Cannot Run Scan-Disk

luckylittler 16:44 11 Jun 2004

I have OS Windows XP Home Edition and have tried to run scan-disk but on re-start or startup it states it cannot open the volumes to carryout the scan - it proceeds to go through its normal opening procedure - I am also having difficulty in accessing web pages such as E-Bay login, once logged on I ask click on 'My EBay' it does not connect - it also does this when on my homepage (BT Openworld) when I click on 'Inbox' from the homepage - tries to load page but can't - Any Ideas anybody - would appreciate it

SL9032

Lozzy 16:59 11 Jun 2004

Run Defrag in Safe Mode then once completed re run Scan disk.

luckylittler 17:03 11 Jun 2004

Can you advise how I run defrag in safe mode - how do i get into safe mode and once i am there hoe to i defrag

woodchip 17:07 11 Jun 2004

Keep pressing F5 when you boot comp the choose safe mode run scandisk as normal

luckylittler 17:24 11 Jun 2004

Have tried to run scandisk in safe mode, but still says it can only access some files on re-start. so have ticked both boxes and gone for re-start - still coming up cannot access volumes - then opens up as normal - HELP!

Androcles 21:59 11 Jun 2004

Hi, Sounds like another Zone Alarm 5 problem,go off the net uninstall ZA 5 swithch off then reboot scandisk should now work. Don't forget to reinstall ZA 5.

luckylittler 22:04 11 Jun 2004

I am running ZA Pro - never had any previous probs with it - although have recently updated it

VoG II 22:07 11 Jun 2004

Go back to 4.5 click here

SANTOS7 22:09 11 Jun 2004

Microsoft as yet do not have a fix for this dilema but the concensus is it is linked to your A/V software, turn off, and try again

pat2068 23:01 11 Jun 2004

i had the exact same problem and it was ZA 5 when i went back to 4.5 everything went as normal leo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017