Cannot remove thanks for choosing IE7

birdface 13:06 01 Dec 2007

Hi,Just opened another user account on my grandaughters Computer,Every time I try to open IE7 I get the Thanks for choosing IE7 and you have to choose how you wan't it to open.Now unfortunately it does not accept your configuration So it appears every time you open IE7,Any way to remove it permanently.

Technotiger 13:18 01 Dec 2007

Perhaps if you uninstall it and then reinstall it?

birdface 13:28 01 Dec 2007

Yes.I had thought of that ,But the grandaughter has a lot of schoolwork and other things that she needs.I don't want to take any chances just in case,She has a lot of junk on here so will have to get a hold of her to see what I can delete.I already have another thread on here, but not concerning this problem,I was hoping to resolve it before I gave her it back.

Technotiger 13:42 01 Dec 2007

Removing and re-installing IE7 should in no way interfere with anything else on the PC.

Technotiger 13:43 01 Dec 2007

If in any doubt it is very simple to create a Restore Point before making any changes, just in case.

birdface 13:59 01 Dec 2007

Yes.Its just this account the others are Ok.She is getting a new computer shortly and will be getting her account removed from this computer,So Just going to leave it untill then.Thanks for all of the advice,I will try it at a later date,

lisa_gedo 21:28 23 Jul 2008

you needed to disable all anti virus and pop-up to complete the IE7 install then enable them when finished

grey george 21:38 23 Jul 2008

I don't think you can un-install it only roll it back to ie6. Which is sort of the same thing. When you say stuff saved on here, the only things really saved in IE are the favourites which you can easy copy.

Simsy 10:30 24 Jul 2008

but I seem to remember that when you get that page there is a sequence of a couple of pages that you go through to choose your own settings, (somewhere near the bottom of the page)

It appears every time you start IE7 untill you've completed that sequence.

Apologies if I've not remembered this correctly, or you've already been through it!

Regards,

Simsy

birdface 15:22 24 Jul 2008

Sorry but don't know why they reopened this as it was closed in December.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?