Cannot Reinstall firefox

hawthorn59 17:09 29 Nov 2007

OK the title doesnt quite describe my problem accurately. I was having problems opening a particular web page in firefox, and after a very long topic discussion here decided to uninstall and reinstall Firefox. I was advised to delete the profile folder for Firefox.

I did that but was told "Firefox is still running, please close it". I did, and deleted the profile folder, and uninstalled Firefox.

I downloaded the latest version and installed it.

Now Firefox wont open, as Im still getting the message that its still running!

I searched for firefox and I think it mightnt have removed it properly.

Any advice??

thanks

h

anskyber 17:27 29 Nov 2007

Have a look at the uninstall section, it explains how to clear out keys. click here

hawthorn59 01:48 30 Nov 2007

Hi

Thanks, that worked. I cleared out some remaining mozilla files and was able to reinstall the latest Firefox.

And the site that wouldnt load before now loads. Wonder what was wrong....it used to hang, and would finally load after about 25 mins!

thanks

h

octal 08:17 30 Nov 2007

From what you say you cleared out the remaining Mozilla files suggests you didn't delete the Profile folder completely. It's best to completely delete the Mozilla folder completely and re-install Firefox, that way you can be assured of a clean install. Most of the problems encountered in Firefox and Thunderbird are problems in the Profile folder where a file gets corrupted.

Glad you have got it working again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?