Cannot receive or send(?) email

bluto1 22:33 06 Jun 2008

Hi all,
I thought I'd sorted my problems with email.
XP Sp3, ISP Virgin, Mail collector Incredimail.
I know I've had at least 7 emails sent today, and I've "asked" Incredimail to collect them to no avail. I've checked the Virgin mailbox and there's nothing there. (They may be held by Incredimail.) And they may not. Can anyone help please?

FatboySlim71 22:45 06 Jun 2008

Have you got the details that are needed to connect to you ISP's mail server etc, i.e. incoming server, outgoing server, username, password, anyone of these entered incorrectly can cause mail not to get through, it does sound like a wrong setting etc that is causing the emails not to come through. Having not used Incredimail (I use Outlook 2007) I don't know the instructions for altering them in Incredimail.

bluto1 22:51 06 Jun 2008

Everything there is correct.

Sea Urchin 23:06 06 Jun 2008

Send a test email to yourself, and then check the Virgin mailbox BEFORE opening Incredimail to make sure it's got that far

bluto1 23:17 06 Jun 2008

I should have said that I did that as well as phoning and emailing a few friends and asking for a test email. Apologies.
Nothing was received.

Sea Urchin 23:33 06 Jun 2008

Then it sounds as if you have an issue with Virgin - check that they still have your email address correctly registered. Naturally Incredimail cannot collect any messages if they are not reaching Virgin first.

bluto1 23:48 06 Jun 2008

You've confirmed my thoughts and I've already been on to Virgin. No answer yet, hopefully tomorrow. Thanks to everybody for their input. I'm off to dreamland where there are never any PC problems.

bluto1 19:51 10 Jun 2008

At last. I've not come back before now because I lost my Internet connection last Friday. (probably accounts for lack of email capability)
Fortunately all is well now. Thanks for the help.

Sea Urchin 21:29 10 Jun 2008

Glad to hear all is now sorted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?