Cannot print wirelessly

Glen 15:41 12 Apr 2010

My Vista desktop is connected by Ethernet cable and has two printers - both working fine. My wife's W7 Laptop is connected by wireless and can see the printers but can not actually print to them. It used to work but I messed it up using "Tune Up Utilities" on the June Cover Disk. How can I get printing again.
Glen

bremner 22:05 12 Apr 2010

Can you use system restore to go back before running "Tune Up"

Glen 16:26 13 Apr 2010

I did the System restore but no good. From both computers I have set the printers to Sharing. Cannot think of anything else to do
Glen

bremner 16:31 13 Apr 2010

I would completely uninstall the printers on the W7 machine then reinstall.

BRYNIT 17:02 13 Apr 2010

Have you checked that the firewall is not blocking the printer.

Glen 11:39 15 Apr 2010

Both my machines show the full network map correctly. When trying to access the main PC from the W7 wireless laptop the message reads " Main-PC not accessible. You may not have permission to use this network resource etc etc". The trouble clearly is in the main machine. How do I set it to give access to the other one (the wireless W7 Laptop), which would enable it to use the printers.
Glen

Woolwell 14:09 15 Apr 2010

Open on the Vista machine Network and Sharing Center and check that all permissions have been given eg printer sharing on, public folder sharing on, password protected sharing off.

Glen 11:25 19 Apr 2010

Now OK. Trouble was Password protected sharing was on.
Glen

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017