Cannot open two internet browsers

Hetti 10:54 18 Nov 2006

When i try to open a second ie window, the one I had already opened and mimimised, opens up again.

This means I cannot have two ie open together, I did a system restore and it is working OK at the moment, but this is the second time in about three weeks ths has happened.
Why is this happeing and is there something else I should do to fix the problem, rather that system restore?

Thanks

brundle 11:05 18 Nov 2006

Try tools/Options/Advanced, untick `Reuse windows for opening shortcuts`. I am assuming you mean IE6, with ie7 tabbed browsing means you don't really need two instances of the program open.

Hetti 11:16 18 Nov 2006

brundle

Thanks yes I do mean IE6 sorry I did not say in my post.
I have did as you said, thanks again

Hetti 11:28 18 Nov 2006

brundle
The same thing is happing again, for instance I open my IE then minimise it to open a second website but the IE that I have minimised in task bar jumps back onto the PC screen, so I cannot open two websites at same time, and for the work Im dong I need at least two websites open at one time

Help please!

VoG II 11:29 18 Nov 2006

Install IE7 click here

brundle 11:56 18 Nov 2006

I would go with VoG™'s suggestion, but if there is a specific reason you don't have IE7 yet;
Tabbed browsing for ie6 click here
or use Firefox instead click here

Suggestions from `google groups`
click here
and
click here

Hetti 15:03 18 Nov 2006

Thanks guy's

Installed IE7, seems fine at the moment hope that is the problem solved.

Thanks for taking the time to help

Hetti 18:50 20 Nov 2006

Hi
Stilll have the problem after upgrade to IE7,
I have also tried Google group suggestions no avail.
The PC worked fine for two days after a system restore (I did on sat), then today for no apparent reason I was back to the same problem.
I have not installed any new software untill I did the IE7 upgrade, but as I had the problem before that I cannot blame the upgrade.
I looked on the microsoft site but I could not find anything there, but i do admit i find the problem hard to describe for the search box.
Any Ideas please?

brundle 18:59 20 Nov 2006

You don't need two instances open with IE7 - just multiple tabs - is there a specific reason you need two separate instances of Internet Explorer open?

brundle 19:04 20 Nov 2006

Do you get a new instance of IE if you go to start menu/run and type

iexplore -new

press return

?

skidzy 19:06 20 Nov 2006

Hi Brundle sorry if im stepping on your toes here.

I wonder ?

Hetti,i take it you are getting the equivalent of using CTRL+N..the same page ?

Try Right clicking this link click here and open in New Tab,now look under your browser/address bar for the new tab.It should be the PCA Front page

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?