Cannot open Adobe Acrobat files in Vista

TopCat® 14:52 19 Feb 2008

My daughter, at work, has emailed to say she is experiencing problems with her Adobe Acrobat files, which just won't open. Can anyone suggest an answer, please? I have no other information but will contact her if needed. Thanks peoples! TC.

DieSse 15:07 19 Feb 2008

Reloading Acrobat Reader usually sorts it out. Uninstall the existing versions first is best.

Don't forget that it's not standard in MS OSs - you must install a reader.

Marko797 15:16 19 Feb 2008

Good point by DieSse on the need for acrobat reader.

Wife had this on her Vista laptop recently. Is your daughter using Office 2007 by any chance?

We got around it by dl & saving the file to desktop, then opening it, rather than opening from the email attachment.

In my recent experience since using MSO 2007, there does seem to be a bit of conflict on pdfs however, with acrobat versions and ms office 2007 pdf/xps-type files. If it refuses to open in acrobat pdf, then try MSO pdf/xps

TopCat® 15:18 19 Feb 2008

Thanks, DieSse, I've told her what you've said. Will keep this open until I know the problem is fixed and by what means. TC.

TopCat® 20:48 19 Feb 2008

She tells me all is fine now and thanks you both for the help. Removing, cleaning up leftover bits and reinstalling the latest Adobe Acrobat version did the job. Thank you from me too. TC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone