Cannot install extra memory

Ferantic 23:01 24 Sep 2004

I recently upgraded the Duron processor on my Bostar M7VKB motherboard to the 1.4GHz model. Obviously a big mistake as it is only recognised as running at 1050GHz. This, in itself, is not the big problem as I probably misinterpreted the FSB but the fact that I cannot add any extra memory is. I have only 128Mb of ram installed and the motherboard will not accept any extra ram,it just beeps continually. I have tried changing slots but I get nowhere. Anybody have any ideas, apart from putting a gun to my head,to solve this situation?

niknax 23:08 24 Sep 2004

click here

try here!! you might get some info!!

Nik

Rogerfredo 09:10 25 Sep 2004

Beeping suggests that the memory you are tryung to fit is incompatible. I had the same thing with my Toshiba laptop, where a supposeably "equivalent" module would not work.
I eventually got the correct one from Kingston ( more expensive but excellent service and quality).

georgemac 09:22 25 Sep 2004

these are the only memory modules compatible eith your motherboard click here but very expensive - best to see if you can get any on ebay but only buy from a trusted buyer - please note it only seems to support non parity modules

your motherboard does not seem to support the duron 1400 click here

georgemac 09:37 25 Sep 2004

also check your motherboard manual click here it alos looks like you can only install matched pairs of the ram in the first 2 banks

if you want to check what module you have in there already download & run this click here

I know a trusted seller on ebay selling a pir of crucial 128 mb pc133 modules click here me!

click here and a 256 mb module also

Ferantic 12:30 25 Sep 2004

Nice try fellas and thanks but I forgot to mention that the other memory stick worked before the cpu upgrade. Perhaps I should reinstall my old Duron and see if that works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone