Cannot install Bluetooth adapter

Thomo1 22:32 17 Feb 2005

Evening ppl.

I have just brought and tried to install a Belkin Bluetooth USB adapter.

The problem is it wont install. When it tries to install it gets to Writing system registry values and then i get an error.

Error 1406. Could not write value to Key\Software. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnal.

I have SpySweeper running in the background for system changes.

Using Xp Pro Sp2.

mgmcc 22:38 17 Feb 2005

Are you trying to install software provided with the Bluetooth adapter?

SP2 implements native support for Bluetooth in Windows XP and you should not have to install any additional software. I found it necessary to uninstall the software for my Bluetooth dongle after installing SP2 to avoid conflicts.

Thomo1 22:40 17 Feb 2005

I have disabed SpySweeper and it had now written the registry value, problem now is tho it says:

The software you are trying to install has not passed the Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with XP.

Continuing the installation of this software may impair or disabalize the correct operation of your systme either immediately or in the future. Microsfot strongly recommends that you stop this instalation now and contact the vendor for software that has passed the windows logo test.

Is is safe to continue or should i stop?? The system requirements on the box say that XP is supported!!!

Thomo1 22:44 17 Feb 2005

yes i am installing the software provided with the adapter.

mgmcc 22:47 17 Feb 2005

Personally, I would continue with the installation but, as I said, you shouldn't need to install any additional software if you have SP2.

harps1h 22:48 17 Feb 2005

go ahead and load these on. i get that all the time when loading new driver updates from the net. it's microsoft...... well being microsoft

Thomo1 23:19 17 Feb 2005

my computer says that the hardware has been installed but when i go to use the bluetooth it syas that Windows cannot find a bluetooth adapter!!

tws750 13:22 18 Feb 2005

I have exactly the same message from a billionton bluetooth notebook module.The supplier told me SP2 takes over all bluetooth software, leaving me with a choice...either remove sp2 and use the supplied software, or remove the software, keep sp2 and succumb to Microsoft. I have another pc which uses the same supplied software but not sp2 et voila it works just fine. Hobsons choice!

rogertjj 13:26 18 Feb 2005

OK, I had exactly the same problem that you had. You need to tell Windows to use the Belkin Drives instead of the native Windows drives. To do this, follow instructions here click here

rogertjj 13:30 18 Feb 2005

Drives = Drivers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?