I seem to have had a conflict of codecs, and so have removed some of them with the result that I now keep getting an error message "xvidcore.dll not found" every time I try to watch a video (usually with Media Player Classic). I can watch videos, but the message is annoying and I'd like to be able to get rid of it.
I've tried most of the suggestions offered on the internet, including reinstalling the driver, adding a registry entry, placing a copy of the driver in SysWOW64 (which now has a padlock symbol next to it!) etc., but nothing seems to work. I'm tempted to just remove all my codecs and reinstall others, but I have a program (Subtitle Workshop, v.2.51) that I use very often, and it is very temperamental; if I install the wrong combination of codecs it won't run, so I'm very reluctant to make too many changes.