Cannot get my laptop to find any networks

BigHenry 16:00 22 Oct 2010

It was fine yesterday but I upgraded to AVG 2011 today from DVD and cannot get any networks to show. I have followed previous helproom advice about holding Fn and hitting F2 or F7, but nothing changes. In my connections it shows evrything disabled and I cannot find a way of changing it to enabled. My wireless sign is on (blue) and when I check to see if the hardware is ok it says it is working ok.
Can anyone help me please?
Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:07 22 Oct 2010

If you have installed the AVG Plus Firewall Edition, ran the Automatic configuration wizard and then, after the computer has restarted, your local network is not accessible, please check the following configuration:

AVG Control Center->AVG Firewall->Configure->System tab->"Microsoft file sharing and printing"

This application´s default setting is "Block" (for security reasons).
If your local network is not accessible or you cannot print on network printers, please re-configure this option to "Allow" (choose "Microsoft file sharing and printing"->click on "Edit rule" button->click on "Edit rule" button)

BigHenry 17:47 22 Oct 2010

AVG was all loaded using the DVD and their setup wizard and I presume all configured. I cannot find the route you have suggested in the 2100 edition and I have trawled everywhere. Am I missing something? Certainly find no Microsoft File sharing in it.
I find system tools.
Then this has 5 sections
Processes, Network Connections,Autostart, Browser Extensions and LSP Viewer
Cna you help me further please?
Thanks

birdface 20:07 22 Oct 2010

Maybe a system restore to before you installed AVG if nothing else works.

northumbria61 20:33 22 Oct 2010

As per "Fruit Bat" - you should have that MS File Sharing and Printer option - from the AVG User Interface - Tools - Firewall settings - System Services -

It appears you haven't run the Automatic Configuration Wizard and chosen a Network Name

woodchip 20:39 22 Oct 2010

Question? do you have your own Wireless Router???

BigHenry 11:36 23 Oct 2010

Thanks for the help. I ended up uninstalling everything to do with AVG including the back up files and start as if I was a new customer. It worked seamlessly. Thanks again toall out there who take the time and trouble to help guys like me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?