Cannot Find The Specified File

Clonetrooper 21:58 25 Aug 2004

Trying to delete a file from my desktop but keep getting an error message: cannot find the specified file, make sure you specify the correct file path and file name.

Clonetrooper 20:27 27 Aug 2004

Up

sattman 20:30 27 Aug 2004

Tell us more

woodchip 20:32 27 Aug 2004

just drag it onto the bin

Clonetrooper 20:45 27 Aug 2004

Dragged it into the bin but still won't delete. File used to contain some MP3s that I have deleted.

stalion 20:47 27 Aug 2004

have you tried a file search to see if it comes up with anything

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:56 27 Aug 2004

File erasers :-
Eraser click here
Ultrawipe click here
SuperShredder click here

Audeal 20:56 27 Aug 2004

Try changing the name of the file and then delete it. Might work, Might not though.

woodchip 20:57 27 Aug 2004

Put the name of the file ware the XXXXXX are

To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box XXXXXX click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with XXXXXX in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type XXXXXX and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than XXXXXX then reboot your computer

woodchip 20:57 27 Aug 2004

Put the name of the file where the XXXXXX are

To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box XXXXXX click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with XXXXXX in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type XXXXXX and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than XXXXXX then reboot your computer

Clonetrooper 21:29 27 Aug 2004

I have tried renaming the file but won't allow it.

Did system search and it found the folder on my desktop.

Tried WOODCHIPs regedit but nothing came up after clicking Find.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?