cannot find second HD when using copy program

Ray5776 19:38 13 Nov 2005

Hello everyone,
I am trying to copy my C drive to my F drive but the software "Paragon drive copy" says I only have one drive C.

Diodorus Siculus 20:04 13 Nov 2005

The F drive being external, is it not?

How is it conected - what sort of caddy?

Can you open the PC and conect up the drive internally?

Ray5776 20:22 13 Nov 2005

Thanks again, glad to see you are still on the case.
The second drive ie F is in an enclusure which is fitted into a spare driveway on the PC so I would say that it is internal physically. The idea of the caddy is that you can remove or change the drive by opening a cover on the front of the PC and unplugging it but only when machine off. I can connect the drive "internally" but have not tried it as it seems to overide the purpose of having the caddy in the first place. I cant see why the caddy would be causing this but I wellcome any suggestions
thanks to all for helping.

Kenneth-266656 20:30 13 Nov 2005

"The second drive ie F is in an enclosure fitted into a spare driveway". By that I take it that it a normal HD that is fitted into a spare drive bay? If so it must be set up as a slave drive and formatted otherwise it will not be recognised,

Ray5776 20:42 13 Nov 2005

Torwalker,

It is a normal 120g HD fitted into a caddy which is an integeral part of the PC. It is formatted and set as a slave drive. I can see it in "My Computer" I can access it and write to and from it. I can`t copy the C drive to it as it seems to cease to exist at this stage.

Diodorus Siculus 21:05 13 Nov 2005

What file system is this F drive?

Is is different to the others?

Ray5776 21:25 13 Nov 2005

They are all the same, both NT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?