Cannot find COA

Spr 09:47 05 Feb 2007

I have recently purchased HP Pavilion m7655. I applied for a Vista Upgraded only to be told my COA is Invalid.
The COA I gave them, was taken from the certificate on the side of my PC this is the one they say is Invalid.

Is there any other way I can find out if the COA given me is the correct one, is it in the Registry. I have download and ran Belarc but cannot find any mention of COA

birdface 10:09 05 Feb 2007

If purchased from new COA on the side should be the proper one,If having problems if you phone Pavilion they will help you with your problem,I understand that they are a very good company to deal with,If you dont have there phone number I am sure someone on here will give you it,The other way is to phone microsoft direct and get them to validate it for you,They sometimes make mistakes, And are usually very good at sorting things out,

Newuser4165 10:38 05 Feb 2007

If using Belarc you need to locate the Product Key which you can find right at the bottom of the data list under the software licences section.

Totally-braindead 11:00 05 Feb 2007

The COA is not the same as the product key. The product key consists of 5 sets of 5 numbers or letters. My COA consists of 5 numbers, 3 numbers 3 numbers and 3 numbers and is printed on the same label but at the side of the product key.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone