Cannot exlpore drives

loonogs 14:41 06 Mar 2008

when I open my computer, i can see the 3 drives, windows and the other 2 of my partitioned hard drive.
when i double click on any drive to explore it, a window opens asking me which program i wish to use to perform this task.

i have to click on browse, go up to the windows folder select explorer and click ok.

then i can see all the files / folders present on the drive.
i have to do this everytime to every drive except the dvd drive.

i hope it is simple but how do i return this to what it should be ?

Gongoozler 15:40 06 Mar 2008

Try this. Click Start - Run. In the box type regsvr32 /i shell32.dll. Then OK out.

loonogs 15:54 06 Mar 2008

thanks tried that, cut and pasted it.
didn' work, even restarted pc. no joy

woodchip 16:11 06 Mar 2008

Try pressing Win Key+E

loonogs 16:21 06 Mar 2008

the win key+E, it opens a window for me with the list on the left and the drives in a larger window on the right,
still have the same problem with the window on the right but the list on the left will open the drives fine and once thats done, the folder list appears in the window on the right.

i can double click on any of them and they will open as normal.

Gongoozler 18:05 06 Mar 2008

I can't be sure about this one because I don't have the problem on my computer, and I certainly don't want to replicate it!
Try checking the following. In Windows Explorer, select Tools - Folder Options - File Types. Have a look at what is there for File Folder.

brundle 18:16 06 Mar 2008

Check the drives for autorun.inf entries in the root of the drive, remove them if you find any.

brundle 18:18 06 Mar 2008

Or read this; click here

loonogs 02:13 08 Mar 2008

Thanks Brundle for the link, on of the threads suggested using flash disinfector which i did ad problem is solved.

below is the link in case anyone needs to us it.
Philip

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires