Cannot enlarge or view picture

scarylee 19:30 08 Apr 2006

I seem to be having problems lately viewing images on some websites. For example, photos on the autotrader website. I can see the initial photo but if there are multiple photos I cannot see these as the enlarge box opens but is a blank page. I have also had this problem on warrenevans website where I can view the photo but once I click on another item the enlarge image screen is blank and the I cannot view anything else as the screen is blank. My sister said I need to download the latest windows updates. Do you know what ones I should download? I have windows XP. many thanks

VoG II 19:32 08 Apr 2006

Try this click here

http:// windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm without the space after //

scarylee 19:48 08 Apr 2006

thanks for advice, clicked on the download link but not sure if I should open or save? Pls advise? thx

terryf 20:36 08 Apr 2006

double click on it or if your browser asks 'run' it

scarylee 20:38 08 Apr 2006

I saved it in the end then applied the file however, macafee says its a suspicous file, should I continue?

VoG II 20:52 08 Apr 2006

Yes it is perfectly safe.

scarylee 12:57 09 Apr 2006

Only just got my computer back up from last night. Seemed to get various errors and could not open emails as not enough memory and error message "there was a problem switching folder, possibly because the folder was busy, try again later" Also my macafee internet security disabled and I lost my browser settings completly leaving me with a blank page, could'nt even system restore as page was blank. Anyway, back up and running now but still have original problem, can't view enlarged photos, any ideas?

remind 13:11 09 Apr 2006

possibly a javascript problem; test if yours is working click here
if not read this click here;en-us;236846

remind 13:11 09 Apr 2006

working version of the last link click here

scarylee 21:28 12 Apr 2006

Thanks, went through the javascript test, all seems okay with javascript. However, still having problems viewing pictures on autotrader. It worked earlier but seemed to have lost the facility to view again. Don't know what problem could be?

skidzy 22:46 12 Apr 2006

Try Firefox browser,im new to firefox and have been tinkering with it for a few days now...Im finding it brilliant,much better than Internet explorer.

Alternatively you could try click here download the registry optimiser trial version,once you have the program open,tick all boxes and scan,it also has an option to optimise Internet explorer.Once the scan has finished you will have the option to repair any faults it finds,under the trial version only 10 errors will be corrected,but you can scan and repair as many times as you like...its an unlimited trial version.
Good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?