cannot download/play free mp3 from dotmusic

Cosmic Guerilla 14:32 25 Oct 2003

I am running XP and have Windows Media Player 8.0 and RealOne v 2.0 build 6.0.11.868.

I have been trying to download 3 free Raveonettes tracks from the dotmusic site at click here

Unfortunately, if I right click on the links on the page Internet Explorer attempts to save them at HTML, if I save as All Files I still can't read/play them.

I have tried right clicking and then saving them using Flashget. This saves the files as MP3 files but they are only 27K each so that doesn't seem right?

If I then try to play the files Windows Media Player gives the following error when I try to play the MP3: Cannot play back this file, the format is not supported.

RealOne says A General Error has occurred. File Format cannot find MPEG file header. This may not be an MPEG file.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is there a problem on the dotmusic site?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

leo49 14:37 25 Oct 2003

Think there must be a problem with the site - just tried all download methods with the same results as you.

Cosmic Guerilla 21:15 27 Oct 2003

Thanks leo49, for checking that out for me. It's good to know that the problem wasn't on my side.

I subsequently got some 30 second samples from the Raveonettes home site so was able to get an idea of what they sounded like before going to see them at a gig here in Dublin at the weekend.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone