Cannot download Canon printer driver in English.

Daibus 10:04 28 Feb 2008

Have just purchased a Canon iP1800 printer but being in Spain the software on the CD is only in Spanish.

When I go to the Canon website and download the software from there it installs in Spanish as well, in spite of selecting English as the language.

I have XP in Spanish I know but how can I get the driver and software to download in English?

Many thanks.

MAJ 10:10 28 Feb 2008

Do you have English (United Kingdom) installed on your computer?

Daibus 10:18 28 Feb 2008

No, I have XP in Spanish installed.

Thank you for your help.

MAJ 10:24 28 Feb 2008

Yes I know, Daibus, but what I'm saying is that if you don't have the English language installed, how is Windows supposed to recognise that the driver is in English (just guessing here). Go to Control Panel > Regional and Language Options and see if you can install it.

Daibus 10:30 28 Feb 2008

When I go to the Canon webpage I choose English as the language for download but the file appears on my desktop in Spanish.

Cheers again.

chub_tor 10:40 28 Feb 2008

Are you going to click here or click here for your download? I should try the latter if I wanted to make sure that I downloaded in English.

MAJ 10:45 28 Feb 2008

I downloaded the Spanish driver, it appears in English on mine, looks like you can't use two languages at the same time.

Daibus 10:57 28 Feb 2008

I did try the download from the UK site and the driver still appears in Spanish.

Looks like it's a no goer!

Clapton is God 11:14 28 Feb 2008

"Looks like it's a no goer!"

No, it isn't.

As already suggested by MAJ, change the language on your PC to English UK and you should then be able to install the driver in English

Daibus 11:35 28 Feb 2008

I went to control panel and changed the language to English UK but I still get the download coming up in Spanish(the OS language itself cannot be changed).

Cheers again for your help.

ventanas 11:39 28 Feb 2008

Sorry, but am I missing something here.
You are in Spain, with your operating system (XP) in Spanish (which you obviously are able to understand) so why does the printer driver need to be in English.
Can you not just install the Spanish driver.

No entiendo.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?