cannot download

haggis ok 12:41 01 Feb 2004

I have tried to download a couple of things and have recieved this error message when the download is almost complete:internet explorer cannot download....[whatever]the connection with server was reset?can anyone help me with this?
running win98, hp pavilion 1100mhz

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:08 01 Feb 2004

Tryt a download helper that can resume the download or even pause it and carry on later there lots to choose from and should solve your problem.

Regards.

haggis ok 17:36 01 Feb 2004

thanks nickname but I feel as if there should be a reason for and answer too this problem.

gudgulf 17:42 01 Feb 2004

Many Dialup ISP's automatiacally disconnect you after a fixed period--I use Virgin And I get two hours.It's a right pain in the behind.
Best solutions are Broadband or for someone who knows which ones let you stay connected to post a recommendation.

haggis ok 19:28 01 Feb 2004

I dont think its an internet provider problem{im with blueyonder}U think the problem is elsewhere,I tried to download a media player and the google toolbar so not long programs that require hours of connection. I think it was about 7 mins for the google toolbar,thanks for the response gudgulf.

Hitch-Hiker 20:27 01 Feb 2004

I used to have a simalar problem some time ago the messagewas somthing like "download unable to complete" I reformatted and had no other problems

Not much help but it done ir ir for me

VoG II 20:32 01 Feb 2004

Is this a time-out issue click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?