Cannot display web pages after login?

foster23681 18:29 28 Oct 2009

I have recently found myself having issues with my internet connection. Any sites in which i have to login (facebook, hotmail, banking etc) refuse to produce pages. I know the login data is correct, but as soon as I press enter, my browser tells me it cannot display the page. At first I thought it might be IE8, but it also does exactly the same on Firefox. I have scanned with AVG and superantispyware which revealed nothing, and I have done a system restore to before the problems, but still to no avail! I have checked my SLS/TLS settings which are correct. What do I do? Thanks in advance!

ArrGee 18:31 28 Oct 2009

Try clearing your cookies, internet history and temp files. Put your firewall down a level and try again.

foster23681 18:41 28 Oct 2009

I used Ccleaner to clear everything, and turned my firewall off, to no avail. I can login on here!

birdface 19:21 28 Oct 2009

Or try with your Firewall turned off.

GaT7 19:21 28 Oct 2009

It appears to cannot log-in to secure sites only - ones that begin with httpS://?

If that's correct, try the solutions here - 'You cannot log in to or connect to secured Web sites in Internet Explorer' click here. G

birdface 19:24 28 Oct 2009

oops sorry you have already tried with thr firewall turned off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?