Cannot disconnect from Internet!!!

mikegm7 11:21 13 Sep 2005

I am using BBand and have been using a shortcut icon on the desktop to connect/disconnect from the internet. But now the icon will not'open' to allow me to do this. I have been to 'Start' 'connect to' but cannot seem to make another shortcut to allow me to do this. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Totally-braindead 11:24 13 Sep 2005

What I would try in the first instance is try system restore and see if that works and if that fails remove the BB router software using add/remove programs and reinstall.

keith-236785 11:31 13 Sep 2005

have you installed/uninstalled anything which may have changed a file, right click on the shortcut and choose Properties.

in the Target box should be the address of the main file, such as

"C:\Program Files\LEGO Media\Games\LEGO Racers\LEGORacers.exe"

make sure that your shortcut is aiming at the right program and hasnt been changed (or you might have moved the main file). click Find Target and it will open the window containing the file it is pointing to, if it is correct, try creating a new shortcut by right clicking the exe file (or whatever file it is) and choose Create Shortcut), then drag it out onto the desktop.

€dstowe 11:37 13 Sep 2005

One of the huge assets of broadband is that it is "always on". I never think about connecting/disconnecting my Internet connections now, it's there waiting for me whenever I want to use it.

My point is that I don't have, never have had, a shortcut icon to connect/disconnect from the Internet either now with routers or when I had BB modems.

alB 11:46 13 Sep 2005

If you have the two monitor icon down by your clock, try right clicking it and see if there is a disconnect option...alB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?