Cannot delete Folder

rawprawn 14:10 15 Aug 2007

I made a folder on my External drive called "Outlook" I used it to copy my outlook backups to. I have deleted all the backups from the folder but I cannot delete the folder itself, (nor can I put Outlook backups in it) I have tried Safe Mode, Unlocker, & Take Ownership. Properties show it has a 4 kb, but the folder says Empty. I have tried "Show Hidden Files" but there is nothing there. It's not desperate, I could just ignore it but it's annoying me.Vista Home Premium.Any ideas?

Jak_1 14:30 15 Aug 2007

Have you tried re-naming the folder and then trying to delete, maybe windows is seeing it as part of the outlook program. Not having vista I wonder if this is one of the foibles of the new os!

recap 14:31 15 Aug 2007

If you can rename the folder, name it 'Old Outlook', then try to delete it.

rawprawn 15:51 15 Aug 2007

Sorry guy's, I can't rename it either. It seems to resist anything I do. The only way I can think of is to reformat my external drive, but I don't really want to do that because it has all my backups on it. The message I get trying everything is "The action can't be completed because the folder is open in another program" I really thought safe mode would have done it,and I have made sure Outlook is closed. I cannot move it either, all I can do is copy it to another postion.

Chris1986 15:55 15 Aug 2007

Check to see if you have deleted all the hiden files, plus have you tried holding down the shift buttom while to press delete on the folder,

Technotiger 16:01 15 Aug 2007

Hmm - CCleaner ??

rawprawn 16:04 15 Aug 2007

There are no hidden files showing (I have tried "Show Hidden Files" and Held down the shift key I still get Erroe 0x80070091 The Directory is not empty. NotHing is showing, but as I said originally Properties shows 1 File 4kb, but I sure can't find it.

rawprawn 16:05 15 Aug 2007

Tried CCleaner and WinAso

recap 16:13 15 Aug 2007

Can you connect the External drive to another system and try deleting it that way?

provider 2 16:14 15 Aug 2007

How about giving this a go?
click here

Seth Haniel 16:16 15 Aug 2007

can you connect the external drive to another PC (friends or fmily) and delete it from there ??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?