Cannot delete e-mails from Outlook Express

robdor 21:41 03 May 2007

I am unable to send any e-mails to my delete file. Every time I click on either delete or the X I get the error message DIRECTDB.DLL MSIMN it isn't the machine as my husband can delete from his address.Looking at the settings they appear to be O.K. I get so many e-mails per day that I am sure I will miss an important one if I cannot gfet this problem resolved soon.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Doreen

SANTOS7 21:43 03 May 2007

click here

One of these will relate to your problem,good luck......

beeuuem 23:31 03 May 2007

It appears that one of your folders is corrupt. Your husband has a separate identity in OE and has his own folders which is why his OE works.

You need to find your OE message store. In OE go to Tools > Options > Maintenance tab > Store folder. This will tell you where your OE folders are stored, make a note of the location. If you do this then you can miss out steps 1-2 below, go straight to the message store and rename the Folders.dbx file.

From click here

MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module "unknown"
MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module Directdb.dll
Msimn caused an exception C0000006h in module Directdb.dll
Outlook Express: The message could not be sent. There is not enough Disk space.
Unknown error has occurred. Protocol: SMTP Port: 0 Secure: No [SSL] Error: 0x800c0131

Back to the top
CAUSE
This behavior can occur if the Folders.dbx file is missing, damaged, or using the read-only attribute.

Back to the top
RESOLUTION
Rename the Folders.dbx file:

1. Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files or Folders.

2. In the Named box, type folders.dbx.

3. In the Look In box, click your primary hard disk (usually drive C), and then click Find Now.

4. Right-click the Folders.dbx file, and then click Rename.

5. Type folders.old, and then click OK.

6. Start Outlook Express. This creates a new Folders.dbx file automatically.

beeuuem 15:20 04 May 2007

Just to complete the thread.
Received by mail

Thanks for your help, it worked, however it
also deleted all the e-mails I had in the Inbox. I can live with that though.

I am sorry that you lost your inbox mail and hope that you did not lose anything important. It would have been better to have copied your message store to another location as a backup and I should have suggested this. It is some time since I had this problem and my hindsight is always 20/20!!
If you are concerned about losing mail in future, apart from saving important mail in seperate folders in My Documents, I use click here as an extra backup and run it once a week or so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?