Cannot create Message Rule in Outlook Express

plainjane 14:32 20 Feb 2006

My new Dell Dimension 3100, which I got 2 weeks ago, has been a problem from the word go. One of its current problems is that it will not let me create new Message Rules. When I get to the stage of clicking on "Move to Folder - Select Folder" nothing happens. Any suggestions? This feature did work for a few days but then stopped.

I don't know if it's a linked problem but I also have trouble downloading new messages.

johnnyrocker 14:43 20 Feb 2006

first off i would suggest deleting and recreating the account again, secondly if you have xp on board and you have a xp disk try start/run sfc /scannow as it is poss oe may be corrupt, hope this helps.

johnny.

plainjane 18:41 24 Feb 2006

Thanks for suggestion jonnyrocker. Sorry for delay in reply but was away. Have tried deleting and recreating accounts (3 ISPs)which has improved (but not totally solved) problem re downloading new messages but had no impact on problem with Message Rules. It does look as though software is corrupt. Have already gone back to factory settings once (computer malfunctioned from word go)and suspect I may have to again. Do not have XP disk. May have to run the gauntlet of the Dell Helpline again.

plainjane

Jackcoms 19:12 24 Feb 2006

"My new Dell Dimension 3100, which I got 2 weeks ago, has been a problem from the word go"

The problems you describe are software-related, NOT hardware.

Thus, it's hardly fair to blame your "new Dell Dimension 3100" for these problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?