Cannot connect using MSN Explorer

hibaz 12:33 10 Feb 2009

Dear Sir,
After reformatting and reloading Windows XP Home I tried loading Service Pack 3 from the internet twice but each time it locked up my computer and I was unable to open MSN Explorer. It was cured each time by uninstalling SP3 using "Control Panel / uninstall software". I received an input via "Automatic Update" from Microsoft recommending that I install SP3 and against my better judgement I carried out the update. Again I cannot open "Internet MSN Explorer" or "E-Mail MSN Explorer" but get the following message - "We are not able to sign you in. There may be a problem with our service or your internet connection. Please try again later"
There is nothing wrong with my internet connection as I can connect without problem to MSN using "Windows Internet Explorer" and then clicking on to Hotmail to receive my e-mails.
Because it was a Microsoft initiated update I cannot uninstall SP3 this time. Will you please advise me how I can resolve this problem.

Jeffersonrex 13:24 10 Feb 2009

I too have had the same problem. Not with MSN because I dont use it but service pack 3 stops my inetrnet connection. All enquiries to microsof go unanswered.

Graphicool1 15:15 10 Feb 2009

Hi hibaz was there an error number with the message?

Graphicool1 10:23 11 Feb 2009

hibaz - Keep it in the 'Forum' Please...

I consider unsolicited emails as an invasion of my privacy. Please refrain from this method of contact, unless I personally request it.

Thank You G1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017