cannot connect to some websites

PratapK 13:37 10 Dec 2007

Hello members
I have some problem with internet connectivity., its saying problem with winsock provider catalog. When i diagnoise the problem in IE7 its saying problem is fixed and restart the computer. After restarting the computer the problem is persistant and still remaining. I even uninstalled IE7 and installed it again.
and also two days before i cannot open some website for example : click here, but its opening in other computers.
today i can open that website, but when i am opening my internetbanking website, hanabank.com after logging in internet connection is getting automatically switched off. even if i close the website internet connection is not restored. I need to restart the computer to regain the internet connection.

Thanks and Regards
Pratap

birdface 13:41 10 Dec 2007

try control panel.Network connections.Right click local area connection and see if it finds any faults.

birdface 13:49 10 Dec 2007

Also check the air vents at the back of your computer make sure they are not covered with dust and fluff if so inside will need cleaning as well.Could be a Firewall problem not getting in to websites,What Firewall are you using.

PratapK 13:56 10 Dec 2007

the air vents r clean, and also, i am using windows firewall.
this problem arised since 4 or 5 days, so i dont think its caused do u firewall.

birdface 13:57 10 Dec 2007

Or,Control Panel.Administrative tools.Services.Scroll down to DNS Client and make sure it is set to automatic..Also Tools Internet Options.Programs .Make sure Internet Explorer is the default web browser.

birdface 14:02 10 Dec 2007

No Windows Firewall is usually ok.The next time you are on one of those websites. Click View,Web page Privacy policy.And make sure nothing is dissabled.

PratapK 14:03 10 Dec 2007

DNS client is already set to automatic and IE is the default web browser

birdface 14:09 10 Dec 2007

click here worth having a look .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?