Cannot Connect To The Internet After Set Up

DavidM4 19:05 29 Dec 2005

Got the wife a "3COM OFFICECONNECT ADSL WIRELESS 11G ROUTER" with 11g PC card and USB adapter but when I have connected the router to my PC it won't allow me to access the internet, what am I doing wrong or not doing at all? Thanks in advance. Dave M

mgmcc 20:04 29 Dec 2005

Not sure from your posting if your wife has got online via the router but you haven't, or if nobody has got online with it.

The basics are that you have to configure the router so that *it* establishes the connection to the ISP, then any computer that connects to the router, whether with a "wired" or a "wireless" connection, will automatically be online.

With computers connecting "wirelessly", their WiFi software needs to scan for "Available Networks, find the network with the SSID (network name) that matches your router's and then "connect" to that network. The little icon gets its "halo" to indicate that it has connected and the adapter should get its IP address from the router and you should have internet access.

DavidM4 12:28 30 Dec 2005

nice 1 thanks for your help. I found this helpful so I'll post the link for future ref click here. Thanks again Dave M

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?