Cannot connect to the internet

akosiseng 15:43 02 Sep 2013

Hello, I have a problem my computer cant connect to the internet because of this error "windows could not find a driver for your network adapter" PC specs : OS= windows 7 , model= hp pavillion a6057d Thanks in advance

Jollyjohn 15:57 02 Sep 2013

Go here click here and download and install driver.

akosiseng 16:09 02 Sep 2013

Thanks for replying... what driver should i download ? the software-multimedia that is the only option that can i download.

northumbria61 16:46 02 Sep 2013

No. Try going to Device Manager to update your driver. Click Start-type Device Manager into the search box -choose Network Adapters from list-click to expand-Right click and select Update Driver Software-choose Browse my Computer for Driver Software- Let me pick from a list of Device Drivers on my Computer.

akosiseng 17:06 02 Sep 2013

thank you for replying sir ! I tried it and it gave me this message " the device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device.(Code 31) What should i do to fix this. thanks sir

northumbria61 17:27 02 Sep 2013

If this is just a recent occurrence try a System Restore or see here enter link description here

akosiseng 01:50 03 Sep 2013

i tried system restore and even reformat my pc nothing happen. thanks

northumbria61 16:01 03 Sep 2013

You have formatted your PC? So you have wiped everything off the hard drive? I am assuming you have a Windows 7 install disk in that case?

woodchip 21:21 03 Sep 2013

How can he update his drivers if windows cannot connect to the net! only way is us another computer and download the drivers from HP for the model in question, then copy to some kind of memory or disc and load it to to {C that needs them

northumbria61 21:55 03 Sep 2013

Woodchip - I didn't suggest he search the net to update his drivers - I suggested Browse my Computer for Driver Software- Let me pick from a list of Device Drivers on my Computer. in the hope that may detect any network driver already installed.

Read more: click here

northumbria61 21:57 03 Sep 2013

Don't know how the Read more bit got attached!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?