cannot connect to the internet

SessionSinger 10:05 25 Aug 2007

I have moved my home office to a new area. I put an extension on the phone line, but it was not long enough so I now have 2 x 10 metre telephone extensions. My telephone reception is good, but my ADSL router is unable to connect to the internet. I have a filter at the phone point, another one where the extensions join and another one for the router to connect to. To connect to the internet I have to move the computer back to the phone point and connect there. Please help

setecio 10:11 25 Aug 2007

Sounds like you are filtering out the broadband before it gets to the router .... the router must be connected to the adsl socket on one microfilter and from there have a clear run back and out of the house ... if any of the extensions come out of a telephone socket on a microfilter then there will be no broadband signal on that extension.

wee eddie 10:12 25 Aug 2007

You only need 1 Microfilter on the line

Marko797 10:14 25 Aug 2007

have u tried removing the in-line filters and checked whether it connects? U seem to have too many to my mind. U shud just have one at the main tel skt as far as I'm aware. But the junction u have made might be part of the problem instead of having one continuous line in.

hssutton 10:26 25 Aug 2007

Get rid off the extension cables and hard wire the system. Just recently I've had to do this for two friends who where having the same problem

click here

click here

SessionSinger 11:20 25 Aug 2007

All,

Thank you very much for all your help. I took off the filters and it works a treat. Only put the filters on due to advice on the forum, never mind all done now.

Thanks You

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?