cannot connect HDMI on BenQ E2220HD

maia 16:59 14 Nov 2009

Hi!

I've got a brand new setup, mobo: Asus M4A785TD-V EVO (integrated graphics), Windows 7 64 bit and a BenQ E2220HD. After a bit of trouble I managed to install the new drivers. But now for some reason I can only connect the monitor using D-sub. If I try the HDMI cable I get the error "No HDMI1 signal detected". Any ideas would be very welcome!!

MAja

ArrGee 23:59 14 Nov 2009

This could be the result of a wide variety of problems.

Do you have access to two monitors?

woodchip 00:06 15 Nov 2009

BenQ E2220HD I take it this is a TV! if so are you using a DVI to HDMI cable?

ambra4 00:44 15 Nov 2009

woodchip

BenQ E2220HD 21.5? LCD monitor with 2 USB, 1 HDMI, 1 DVI and 1 D-SUB ports

ambra4 01:11 15 Nov 2009

Take a read in the motherboard manual 1.10 Connectors

16 - HDMI Port Dual Display Output Support

It says, “During Post only the monitor connected to the D-Sub port has display”

maia 02:26 15 Nov 2009

ambra4 - not sure I understand this. But I've tried starting up with both cables connected and then switching to hdmi and it still doesn't detect it. But I was generaly under the impression that the motherboard woudl support digital display output? and unfortunately i do not have access to another monitor..

maia 02:31 15 Nov 2009

oh, ambra4, I've jsut checked the manual - from what I understand your quote only applies to dual display support i.e. if i had one d-sub and one hdmi monitor, only the former would display the post screen, but as soon as it got to the windows boot both would? but I only want one hdmi display, so that is not relevant?

ambra4 02:41 15 Nov 2009

“But I only want one hdmi display, so that is not relevant?”

You cannot have one hdmi display as the motherboard does not allow just a HMDI display only

HDMI + D-Sub or DVI + HDMI

ambra4 02:46 15 Nov 2009

See if a DVI to HDMI adapter will work

click here

ambra4 02:50 15 Nov 2009

Or even this cable

HDMI to DVI Male to Male Video Cable Gold Plated for DVD TV HDTV PS3

click here

maia 14:18 15 Nov 2009

Wow, seriously? So you're saying with a single monitor I can either have it on D-sub or DVI, but not HDMI? In that case, since I already have a hdmi cable, I'd go for an adapter. But the one you linked to is DVI-I to HDMI, not DVI-D. I'm guessing that's relevant?

The reason I thought I'd go for HDMI is so I don't need an extra audio cable. That's quite annoying if what you say is true, although I can't find anything in the manual saying this, the only unsupported combinations refer to dual monitor setups?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?