Cannot connect to bluetooth speaker

matthew.cron 18:04 28 Jul 2014

Hi

I have a Pure Jongo S3 wireless speaker, it has a bluetooth dongle in the back, as does my laptop. Until recently, I was able to view the Jongo in "My Bluetooth Devices" and connect to it using A2DP and stream my laptop music to the speaker with no problems.

All of a sudden, I can no longer connect to the speaker. The laptop still detects the Jongo, and shows it as a device in "My Devices" but when I try to connect to it, a progress bar comes up, then disappears, having failed to establish a connection.

I know the speaker is working because I can connect by smartphone to it using bluetooth and stream music from my phone. I know that the bluetooth adaptor on the laptop is working too, because I can connect my phone to the laptop and stream/send files via bluetooth.

Given that both devices are physically working, I can only assume I have somehow messed up the software, or changed the settings.

I have updated all drivers for relevant devices and my laptop is fully updated. It is a HP Pavillion 15-n032sa running Windows 8.1. The bluetooth adaptor is an Inateck 4.0 USB (Model No. BTA-CSR4B5. I have re-installed all the software and drivers with no success.

Any ideas? All help very much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?