Cannot accsess E-bay

hellred 17:53 04 Aug 2004

Hello All

I know someone out will have the answer for this problem. I cannot accsess e-bay pages from my PC.

I have tried different browsers and no i still cant get to e-bay, i have another PC and no such problem there i can get to e-bay with ease. I can go anywhere else without a hitch just not e-bay, why ???

I have added the URL to trusted sites, no change.
I have set the DNS settings, no change.
I have set everything to auto and no change.

The other PC works just fine.

User-312386 17:56 04 Aug 2004

have you cleared all internet files and cookies?

What O/S are you using and what service pack?

hellred 19:06 04 Aug 2004

Cleared all cookies and all contens of temp folders, there are 2 .dat files i cannot delete however, in use by some program.

I use XP Pro and SP1 installed, as a matter of fact thats exactly as the other PC and that one can get to E-bay.

watchful 07:48 05 Aug 2004

^

hellred 21:47 23 Aug 2004

I use a laptop via a wireless network to connect to the net and thats the PC that wont let me see E-bay. There is another wireless network thats open in my neighborhood and id i connect through that network, i can get to e-bay on the laptop. That would seem to have something to do with my network somehow, can anyone help what the reason might be, why on my network i cant get to E-bay but see everthing else.

hellred 08:53 08 Sep 2004

Updated to XP SP2 and now it works just fine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?