Cannot access Web-based email

Pongo24 17:43 29 Oct 2003

My problem: Windows ME, AOL 8.0 Zone Alarm 3.7 and Norton Anti-virus 2001. The problem appears to date from the installation of Zone Alarm.

I cannot download any web-based mail, but no problem with AOL email. Offered solutions so far have been to increase memory allocated to graphics (which speeded up those downloads which worked anyway), reconfigure Zone Alarm, uninstall ZA and re-install AOL (no effect).

AOL (my ISP) email works fine. For other email providers (Hotmail, Supanet and a client's in-house system) I can enter username and password info, but then I get a blank screen, usually a Window with 'Done' in the footer and the window itself a now familiar empty white.

Any suggestions?

Patr100 20:26 29 Oct 2003

Is it the free Zone Alarm? If so why don't you uninstall and use another free firewall such as Outpost ot Sygate Personal Firewall which will do the same job just as well. May be easier in the long run.

Pongo24 21:31 29 Oct 2003

Yes, it is the free version of Zone Alarm, v3.7. Have already tried uninstalling it but that had no effect on the problem. Thanks for the alternative view though and I will try your suggested firewalls.

Jester2K II 21:36 29 Oct 2003

Can you access any secure websites??

Try the following

Start menu, run...

type (or copy) these one line at a time and hit enter after each one

regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 dssenh.dll
regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
regsvr32 sccbase.dll
regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll

May require a restart

Now try again...

Jester2K II 21:38 29 Oct 2003

regsvr32 softpub.dll

regsvr32 wintrust.dll

regsvr32 initpki.dll

regsvr32 dssenh.dll

regsvr32 rsaenh.dll

regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll

regsvr32 sccbase.dll

regsvr32 slbcsp.dll

regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

Best Photo Editing Apps for iPad

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comparatif : quelle est la meilleure batterie externe 2017 ?