Cannot access video-dems, why?

Kooji 18:54 01 Jun 2010

Hi All

can anyone advise please. When I try to watch video product demonstrations from a website I use I have started to get this message which when I read it makes no sense to me (HTTP error 403). However if go on to my other machine the same videos display perfectly. Is there anything I can do to re-set the first machine to enable me to view the demos as I did before?

Cheers

Kooji

birdface 18:55 01 Jun 2010

Maybe your flash player needs updating.

defendor 07:15 02 Jun 2010

How to Fix

1. Step 1

Click the Windows "Start" button and select "Settings." From the menu, click "Control Panel."

2. Step 2

Double-click the "Administrative Tools" icon. In this list of consoles, double-click the "Internet Information Services" icon. This opens the IIS settings console.

3. Step 3

Right-click the directory from which web browsers are receiving the 403 error. Click the "Properties" entry in the menu.

4. Step 4

Click the "Directory Security" tab in the Properties window. Click the first button that is labeled "Edit" in the "Anonymous Access" section. In this window, check the box that says "Anonymous Access." Click "OK" to return to the Properties window.

5. Step 5

Click the "Directory" tab in the Properties window. Ensure that no other check boxes except "Read" are checked in the "Permissions" section. This allows users to read and browse website pages. Click the "OK" button.

6. Step 6

Verify the changes by opening your web browser and entering the website domain in the address bar.

click here

Kooji 09:44 02 Jun 2010

Thanks for your prompt reply defendor. I'll have to play around with it.

Cheers

Kooji

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?