Cannot access USB flash drive for error message

Gladys984 03:44 25 Jun 2014

Hey, folks! A couple of minutes ago, I just could not access my USB flash drive that had stored many wonderful films, beautiful images and documents. The Windows just said: “The disk is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?” Did my USB flash drive seriously damaged? How can I smoothly access this USB flash drive again? Do I have to format it at first? But, I also don’t want to lose my stuffs inside. Please, help me guys! Thank you very much!

northumbria61 05:26 25 Jun 2014

Try checking it for errors - Go to Computer-right click on on your flash drive-Properties-Tools Tab- Error Checking.

onthelimit1 09:49 25 Jun 2014

It may have been damaged if you pulled it out when it was transmitting data. You could try the free version of Find and Mount - nothing to lose!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:29 25 Jun 2014

File system damaged - do not format -

CampicRestor click here click here

Recuva

Beverly673 02:15 27 Jun 2014

All right! Do not format this USB flash drive, if you really need to access the stuffs inside again.

Also do not write anything new on this USB flash drive also. And then, plunge it to computer and check it with data recovery software to see whether all your wanted stuffs there could be retrieved.

Many similar data recovery software, like Recuva, 4Card Recovery, iCare Data Recovery Free, PhotoRec and more, can be your good choices.

At last, format this USB flash drive to access it there successfully after backing up all important data.

Note: Never try to format a USB flash drive without data backups.

LuluPrin33 04:33 27 Jun 2014

Have you checked this tool with a diagnostic tool? Can it be normally read on another computer? NO matter what has caused you this USB flash drive problem, remember not to save anything new on this USB flash drive. In order to rescue your needed films, images and other stuffs back, just connect it to your computer and take chances with USB flash drive data recovery software. Over the internet, you often can easily get many reliable ones. Here is an article that may give you some clues to restore your information back with success: click here matter what happens, never forget to get important data backed up all the time.

NO

Issac7989 03:04 03 Jul 2014

Have you formatted this USB flash drive? Your stored USB flash drive stuffs will be safer when you format it after rescuing them all back. Therefore, do not format or overwrite this USB flash drive and try to get your stuffs back with data recovery software. Just search over the internet and select a proper one there. Here, a video tutorial that tells how to recover data step by step can give you some clues: click here hope it is workable for you. Good luck!

I

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone