Cannot access some sites

Bike-it 22:01 22 Nov 2007

I am trying to visit asos.com on my home pc this past two days but i am getting the message cannot display this page, but if i go next door to my neighbour i can access it no problem, what do you think could be the problem, no changes have been made to the pc recently.

Diversion 23:14 22 Nov 2007

Try uninstalling and re-installing your internet connection, I have to do that every so often because mine won't display the pages. Or try unplugging all your connection to your telephone line and plug them back in, it maybe just a bad connection on one of your plugs.

johnnyrocker 23:16 22 Nov 2007

no probs here xp pro ie6

johnny

p;3 02:02 23 Nov 2007

click here try that link?

birdface 09:49 23 Nov 2007

Someone on here last week with the exact same problem.Also could not get into that site.Was it your dad trying to get help for you.Try copying this address http;//click here and paste it into the address bar and press refresh or go whatever.I hope it does not come up as a click here.

birdface 09:53 23 Nov 2007

It came out as a click here,print the full address with the http;// Then copy and paste it into the web address bar ,This worked for someone with the same sort of problem within the last couple of days.

birdface 11:18 23 Nov 2007

Someone with the same problem.click here

Bike-it 18:51 23 Nov 2007

Thanks so far for your help,
i have tried all you suggestions and i still cannot access the site, even turned off the windows firewall but still no good.

birdface 21:32 24 Nov 2007

Have you tried running C Cleaner and then trying it again. What Anti-Virus do you have and did you have another Firewall before Windows.

Bike-it 23:12 24 Nov 2007

I have ran C Cleaner it still wont let me access the web site.
I was using kaspersky internet suite 7 but i have uninstalled it and am currently using AVG av,
as for another a firewall i have only ever used windows.

birdface 08:12 25 Nov 2007

Hi.Kaspersky is hard to remove properly.Try this . click here after running it,Run C Cleaner,then re-boot and see if that helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone