Cannot access internet or folders over wireless ??

NICTRY 13:15 07 May 2005

I really hope someone can help as I am losing my mind! I had a home network on an old PC and had to change for another newer PC, the new one has XP and I thought it would be easy to setup again but no! I have a WAP on the main PC also running XP and this has the broadband connection, the new PC has a belkin wirless PCI card which is working fine and has picked up the new network fine, problem is I cannot get the internet to work on the new PC, I also cannot connect to shared folders and cannot connect to the printer on the main PC.

I am not aware of any passwords on the main PC but cannot fathom why the spare PC can see the main PC but doesn't seem to be able to use/view anything on it?

Please help, I have spent hours trying to fix this?

NICTRY 13:16 07 May 2005

I should also mention I have norton security on the main PC but have tried all activties with this turned off as well as on so the firewall cannot be the problem?

VoG II 13:18 07 May 2005

What about the Windows XP firewall?

NICTRY 13:30 07 May 2005

If you mean the one in the internet settings then neither PC has a tick in the box?

selfbuild 13:39 07 May 2005

Control Panel and make sure the Windows firewall is disabled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?