Cancelling magnified text in Vista

TopCat® 16:31 05 Aug 2008

My friend has a laptop with Vista and because of her poor eyesight she has magnified text enabled. Now she wants to cancel it but the 'apply' button to do this is unobtainable as it is hidden below her screen. She is unable to move the 'window' up to access it.

Any ideas on how to do this, please? Thanks. TC.

Technotiger 16:46 05 Aug 2008

Hi, right-click on desktop and then go to Properties>Settings and reduce the Screen Resolution, she should then be able to see the Apply button.

The resolution could be re-set again in the same way, if needed.

TopCat® 16:52 05 Aug 2008

Doh! So simple an answer which I should have easily remembered, Technotiger. Must be something to do with the attrocious weather we're experiencing here in the southwest. Well, that's my excuse! :o) Thanks very much for the reminder. TC.

TopCat® 18:16 06 Aug 2008

after all. Not knowing anything about Vista or laptops myself, is there a simple way of hiding the taskbar on this laptop so I can access the buttons hidden behind it? She has used the DPI tool to increase the text size, not the Magnifier, and wants to revert back to the default size, but everything I change, including the resolution, can't be confirmed or applied because these buttons are inaccessible. TC.

sinbads 18:37 06 Aug 2008

Right click on the taskbar select properties then select auto -hide taskbar

sinbads 18:42 06 Aug 2008

Or hold down Ctrl use the mouse scroll button to increase/decrease DPI (if no scroll button use + -

TopCat® 18:59 06 Aug 2008

I'm at home now but I tried your first suggestion at her place but again, I couldn't access the confirm button to complete the process.

I will ring her shortly to suggest your second option - she will I think be watching her soaps !! I'll come back on this later. TC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?