can you retreave website files from your webspace?

athenrye 23:48 19 Mar 2008

my friend has a website , which was made from micromeadia dreamweaver

his ex went in and deleted the content changed the passwords etc... long story!

hes got the passwords sorted etc and can see the files in the recyle bin on his webspace (hes with fast host)

can you get these files back to the web again from the recycle bin?

he dosnt have the original programme or website as somebody else made it for him that are no longer available

any ideas
will

DieSse 23:55 19 Mar 2008

With an FTP program you should be able to manipulate files between folders (including the recycle bin) in the webspace, just as you would in your own system.

MAJ 23:59 19 Mar 2008

Good to see you got the passwords sorted, athenrye, well done. Bunny-boilers, eh? ;)

athenrye 00:05 20 Mar 2008

oh this has been a heavy few days for me maj...

ive helped him sort the webspace out with passwords etc, ive got nominet sorting out the domain name...i hope! and now im trying to get the files back online

i hope this is possible, if not im going to have to build a new website for him

i use net objects fusion 10 and know basicly what to do with that, i also have dreamweaver but its too much for me...

im get lost with the finer details of technical issues!

on top of all that ive got him nipping my ear about his love life, god i hope to fix this soon!

will

MAJ 00:30 20 Mar 2008

If you can see the files on the server, athenrye, then as DieSee says, chances are good you can get them back. If you can get them back, download them to your computer and back them up. If you do get them back and backed up, you should have nothing to do to them except upload them, using an FTP client, to the new host or to FastHost if he's staying with them. Getting the Domain back would be icing on the cake.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Illustrator Mariana Rodrigues' beautiful flora and fauna for Bombay Sapphire gin

How to remove Mac ransomware

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?