can you recommend xp course

pookie 15:07 25 Sep 2003

hi

work has suggested it needs an xp 'expert'. Most staff are ok with general everyday xp applications and use. However, things like adding user rights/adding new users/and other things we have to pay for 3rd party to come in.

do you know of any courses that may include the above examples or of anyone that can do a trailored made course. perferably 1 or 2 day course.

thanks

P

pookie 16:15 25 Sep 2003

sorry forgot to say London based course if possible

pookie 16:09 26 Sep 2003

refresh :-)

alcudia 16:26 26 Sep 2003

I was in a similar psition to you a couple of years ago. Managed to teach myself the bits and pieces you've mentioned, and a lot more, from a £40 book. Much cheaper than a course, and you've always got the info handy.

Using Windows XP Pro published by Que has it all with illustrations of dialog boxes etc. Very easy to follow. 1200 pages and includes CD.

Lead 16:27 26 Sep 2003

If you're looking to become a 'Network Administrator' it will probably take a course of more than a few days ;)

Simple skills can be gained from browsing the web, but I can highly recommend the following book.

click here

It is incredibly easy to following and has never failed me.

The European Computer Drivers License (ECDL) teaches basic computer skills, but I don't think it'll go into the detail you require.

Lead 16:29 26 Sep 2003

Beat me to it :D

alcudia 16:42 26 Sep 2003

Never mind.

It's a bit cheaper than when I bought it, but it's got me over many a problem.

pookie 12:22 01 Oct 2003

many thanks for replies - I'll order it

P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?