can you recommend an accurate online AVscanner

herc182 16:44 31 Jan 2005

I am looking for an accurate online antivirus scanner. someone at work thinks she may have a virus/trojan. i am going to put a2 on CD for her but want her to check for viruses (which norton hasnt picked up). without going over there, i cant tell her to uninstall her av (which apparently hasnt been updated for months....imbecile)and put another one on there so an online one is the next best thing.

however, she has a dial up connection so not sure how long that will take.

the sysmtoms include slow computer operation (a step change she says from what it used to be), not being able to send emails, or check them (on outlook) and sometimes not being able to access the internet!

so please if you have any ideas and GOOD online AV scanners i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks

PS given that she has dial up, i want to put a2 on a2 cd with all the latest updates so that she doesnt have to update it herself (and just paste in the folder when she installs it). is that possible? i am at work now so i cant check, but there must be a folder with all the updates in it?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:51 31 Jan 2005

Antivirus on line checks:-
Panda click here
Trend Online Check click here

JoeC 16:55 31 Jan 2005
  herc182 17:55 31 Jan 2005

thanks people

herc182 18:01 31 Jan 2005

is it possible to just copy the "signitures" and "engine" floders from my computer (with the latest updates) onto the CD for her to copy onto her computer so that she wont have to do it online?

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?